The EQUOTIP Piccolo 2
The EQUOTIP Piccolo 2 metal hardness tester is a revolutionary new rebound hardness tester.
The Equotip Piccolo 2 features a new patented load & release mechanism – the impact body is launched at the surface and loaded for the next test in a single motion!
Equotip Piccolo 2 is now able to be fitted with a DL impact body making it even more versatile.
Equotip Piccolo 2 Hardness Tester
The EQUOTIP Piccolo 2 also features:
- Automatic impact direction
- Compensation – highly accurate in any direction automatically
- Large, high contrast LCD display – easy to read
- Converts directly to common hardness scales 8HV, HB, HRC, HRB, Rm, HS) and allows for customer specific curves
- 3 button keypad for simple and easy control of the features
- Self diagnostics and error checking
- Scratch proofed anodised Aluminium housing – rugged and durable
- Intelligent On/Standby power switching for optimum battery charge life
- Durable Li-Ion rechargeable battery – charges through the USB port from host computer or optional computer-independent AC charger/adapter
- Bi-Directional USB communication with remote control
- Internal, non-volatile data storage of 2’000 readings complete with tagging of important information like day, time, and statistics
- Compact size for easy carrying – just 145mm x 44mm x 20mm (5.71″x1.74″x0.79″)
- Ready for integration into automatic testing
- PICCOLINK interfaces software included at no charge
- Easy upgrades of firmware via internet
The EQUOTIP PICCOLO 2 measures the Leeb hardness value (HL) for materials, which is a ratio of the rebound velocity to the impact velocity. This HL value is then converted to standard hardness scales such as Rockwell, Brinell, Shore and Vickers using conversion tables stored in the display unit and generated from the original Leeb standard. Thus, an EQUOTIP instrument reading from today will match (within tolerance) an EQUOTIP instrument since production started back in 1975.
Proceq – Bringing you 50 years of know how
Proceq Equotip Piccolo 2