Proceq Equostat 550 Portable Rockwell Hardness Tester
Hardness Measurements Made Easy
The Proceq Equotip 550 Portable Rockwell test principle follows the traditional Rockwell static test method which is particularly suited for scratch-sensitive, polished or thin parts as well as for profiles and pipes.
In combination with the Proceq Equotip Leeb Impact Devices, the Proceq Equotip 550 can be extended with the Leeb hardness principle following the dynamic (rebound) method. This additionally allows automatic on-site correlation of Leeb to Portable Rockwell true indention hardness value.
Stationary hardness testers can only accomodate test pieces of limited size. The portability of the Proceq Equotip 550 Portable Rockwell works well in outdoor, factory and lab environments.
The Proceq Equotip 550 Portable Rockwell probe can connect directly to a PC or laptop for live user guidance and hardness test displays.
Compared to stationary hardness testers the Proceq Equotip 550 Portable Rockwell uses a sharper indenter and smaller loads. The test measurement is standardised to DIN 50157 (metals) and ASTM B724 (Aluminium). The conversions to Rockwell hardness to many other scales follow the ISO 18265 and the ASTM E140 tables, respectively. Can be used on materials such as Inconel and Duplex Stainless Steel
Equotip 550 Portable Rockwell Hardness Tester
For thin, small, light and coated parts. In addition to the Equostat 550 static hardness probe, all other Equotip impact devices can also be used with the Equotip 550 display.
Proceq – Bringing you over 60 years of know how
Equotip Portable Rockwell
- Measurements in HRC and HV with automatic integrated conversions to HB, HRA, HRB and many more common scales in compliance to ASTM E140 and ISO 18265
- Highly accurate ± 0.8 µm (~ ± 1.0 HRC) over entire range
- Rapid and reproducible metal hardness readings independent of the material and sample dimensions
- Small test load yields small penetrations of only a few μm
- Unique measuring clamp and support feet are available for the probe allowing the test to be carried out on various geometries
- Advanced algorithm option for faster measurement
- Probe can be connected directly to PC