DCP – Dynamic Cone Penetrometer
The DCP (Dynamic Cone Penetrometer) is an instrument designed for the rapid insitu measurement of the structural properties of existing road pavements constructed with unbound materials.
Continuous measurements can be made down to a depth of 850mm or, when extension shafts are used to a recommended maximum depth of 2m.
Where pavement layers have different strengths of the boundaries can be identified and the thickness of the layers determined. A typical test takes only a few minutes and therefore the instrument provides a very efficient method of obtainig inofrmation which would normally require the digging of test-pits.
The Dynamic Cone Penetrometer requires 3 operators; one to hold the instrument, one to raise the weight and one to record the results.
- Well proven, robust design
- Portable and easy to operate
- Tests can be carried out in minutes
- Results correlate well with conventional CBR readings
- Detects layer boundaries and thicknesses
- Ideal in locations where access is difficult (such as coal holes)
- Drop weight: 8 kg
- Drop height: 575 mm
- Cone: 60 °
- Testing depth: 850 mm
- Case size approximately 110 x 25 x 15 cm
- Weight approximately 22 kgs
Optional Extension Rod Set
- Comprises 3 rods
- Enables testing depth to be extended to up to 2 m